Unlike its next-door neighbour (19, rue de la Préfecture), this mansion, built by Claude-Antoine Colombot in 1775 for Antoine-Joseph Isabey, lawyer in the “Parlement”, gives onto the street. The rusticated ground floor facade, the colossal order (of pilasters) that spans two floors, the stone railings and the cornice mouldings over the casement windows, are all characteristic of the Neoclassical style. The flights of stairs to the right of the carriage entrance are reflected in mirrors. And here, as in many other Besançon mansions, the courtyard was extended into a garden. In 1862 a conservatory was built between the two spaces.